Subject: Re: Computer Graphics Career
From: [email-masked] (Sean Cunningham)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 13:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

:) Since Perry has already covered the 3D aspect of computer art, I'll
:) add a bit about 2D art.
:)
:) There's basically two uses of 2D computer art - television and games.
:) I don't know which you were interested in, so I'll mention both.

(...info regarding TV and entertainment graphics snipped...)

Actually, 2D CGI skills are put to use in many more ways than this.  Digital
compositing and rotoscoping to name a few.  About half of all DD production
employees come from the high-end compositing and high-resolution print world
filled with Harrys, Ultimatte's and the like.  

For this kind of work, as long as we're talking about Amiga's, you need a
good compositer and a good paint program.  Something like MULTILAYER and
ADPRO would work pretty well for starters I would guess, on the compositing
end, though ADPRO only does straight A OVER B type compositing.  DPaint,
Brilliance and the like aren't good enough because they don't support soft
edge brushes or alpha channel.  ALPHA PAINT (I believe
it's called) the replacement, for the Toaster's paintbox sounds very good but
I haven't seen it in action. 

:) Row.
:) Sumaleth Productions.